Open Question: Is my best friend overreacting, what do you guys think?

We are both 18 years old guys who just graduated high school about 3 1/2 weeks ago, been best friends since pre-school. So about two months ago, I made a comment to a new picture my best friend posted on MySpace saying: "You look chubbier, is it the food from McDonalds?" in a joking manner, with expression faces and such, indicating that I was joking, he makes it so he has to approve the comment before being posted, when I try to find out if he approved my comment (which was a joke), I found out he deleted me from MySpace. After that I apologized tremendously lots of times, but not to the point where it annoys him. The reaction I got was him being angry, cussing me out, and asking me to stop texting him. I did all I can to make amends, I tried calling but he hung up on me. meeting him in person is out of the question because in order for that to happen, we need to call each other first. I messaged him on Facebook (I have him as a friend there still) apologizing sincerely, as well as text, indicating to him I still care about him. So I had him as a friend on Facebook all this time, but TODAY, he chose TODAY to block me from viewing or posting on his wall, everyone can see his wall accept me! I can't believe he's still mad at me for this, I mean after all, it's been almost two months since this happened. We already missed each other's birthdays, I said Happy Birthday to him, but he didn't say it to me. If I call he'll just hang up on me. He is super skinny, so I don't know why it would offend him so much. On his Facebook (When I could still view his wall), it indicates that he's currently had another falling out with another one of his friends, he talked about being a backstabber and such to another friend, and asking his other friend to forgive him. We graduated high school 3 1/2 weeks ago, and we go to different high schools. By the way, this is the ONLY reason why he's mad at me. He did mention that working at McDonald's is stressful, if that helps? How do I recover this friendship? I'm going through so much right now and I seriously don't need this, please help me to the best of your ability, and if you have any more questions about this, please email me, thanks!