Open Question: Is it possible for you epididymis to separate from your testicle? If so, what would be the symptoms?

I have epididymitis (according to a school nurse, who really didn't check) and it feels like the epididymis (the vein thing behind the testicle) is really swollen and loose. I'm not sure how loose its supposed to be, but it feels REALLY loose. I was wondering if it was possible for it to have separated from the testicle without my knowledge. There has been some discomfort, but I assumed it stemmed from the epididymitis. Any suggestions? I constantly check my testicles (like every two hours) because I'm extremely nervous about something going wrong. Everything looks to be normal from the outside except the lump on the testicle with the epididymitis, which I read on the internet was normal. Please help.