Open Question: KOREAN GINSENG AND GINKGO SIDE EFFECTS????!?

I just start back working out and I normally don't take any type of supplements but I decided to give ginkgo(120mg capsules from wal-mart)and Korean ginseng)250mg more concentrated capsules from a organic food store)a try and I just recently started taking them. I take ginseng in the morning and ginkgo in the late evening usually with dinner. Gingko is usually good for memory support and also for blood circulation and I use it for blood circulation and ginseng is used for energy. I've been taking it for about a month now and the side effects I get are hard erections through out the day and their difficult to go down. Is this normal with these pills? Are they suppose to make a male horny? Will these 2 herbs help me lose weigh? Please someone who has experience this herbs let me know thanks